Monday, April 26, 2010

Scavenger Hunt

So last night for our FHE activity we went on a family drive around Kearney. The kids always whine about "going for a drive" because they are so "boring." Well to entertain them a bit, I came up with the idea of doing a scavenger hunt as we drove. They were to find a dog, cat, windmill, airplane, raccoon, green van, silver truck, police car, pond, roadkill....stuff like that. I told them if they found everything they would win a prize. Being the exceptionally nice mother that I am I of course wanted them to find everything. As it was getting time to head back home they only had one item left on their list. An airplane. I thought that after 45 minutes they would've seen at least one. But no. So, I specifically went out of the way to drive to the Kearney Airport. Guess what? THERE WAS NO AIRPLANE AT THE AIRPORT!!!! So I let them count the picture of the airplane on the airport sign.

Who would've thought. No plane at the airport!

5 comments:

  1. Having a scavenger hunt is a GREAT idea! I'm definitely doing that next time I hear whining in the car.
    And no planes at the airport...who would have known?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just tells you how big your airport is! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good idea! but i'm not saving it for fhe... i'm going to do it every time we get in the car! you're brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sally. It really did work like a CHARM! THey were all helping each other and NOT ONE word of fighting. I'm thinking of making different lists and just putting them in the car. It does help that Braden can actually read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just crazy! Glad the kids had fun on the drive.

    ReplyDelete