Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pre Cruise in Fort Lauderdale

We left a day early for our cruise and spent an evening and morning in Ft. Lauderdale. Our first night there we ate a restaurant called Bimini's. It was a very fun and seafoody place and a bit pricy. But, as Steve liked to say on the whole vacation, "It's okay, we're on vacation." We first ordered giant shrimp cocktails. That doesn't mean the platter and/or amount of shrimp was giant it only means the shrimp itself were very large. I think there were...........5 pieces of shrimp for only a mere $12.00. I then ordered snapper with some mango sauce and Steve ordered swordfish. I won't even mention how much THAT was. However, it was quite tasty!


Here is a picture of our hotel that night, The Renaissance. We were on the 7th floor and had a great view of the city.
After dinner we walked around the hotel and found the pool with these nifty little chairs. Fairly cozy, but also slightly wet.


The next morning we took a walk down to the docks. You can't tell in this picture but IT WAS HOTTTTTTTTTTT! Okay, maybe not that hot, I believe about 85 degrees, but with the humidity it was HOTTTTTTTTTT! I almost bought a handkerchief just to wipe all the sweat off my face....very lady-like, I know.


Here good ol' Steven is getting ready to leave the hotel for the ship. He bought this awesome cruise hat at Walgreens across the street. He was quite happy with it and I'm sure his head was too.

Well there are many more pictures to post but I need to do them in phases. The actual cruise details will follow shortly.



1 comment: