Friday, January 15, 2010

Caramel Rolls


For New Years Eve I was going to make some Caramels from my mother's caramel recipe. I carefully and lovingly cooked it and stirred it for a long time. Then chilled it like the recipe says. However, when it came time to cutting the caramels I discovered that I hadn't actually cooked it as long as it needed and it was just a pile of ooey gooey caramel. So instead of caramels it became caramel rolls. I've made caramel rolls a few times and have tweeked the caramel recipe everytime and I thought that I had it right. But THIS caramel recipe is amazing for the rolls. Just don't cook the caramel as long as needed and it's beautiful to add rolls to.
I got so excited at how well my dough turned out that I needed to take a picture. I just realized however, that I never took the "After" picture when the rolls were done. Probably because I ate them too fast. Anyways, if you need a good caramel recipe for caramel rolls, this one is great! It's a good thing I don't know how to cook right.

5 comments:

  1. I was actually going to say the very same thing Katie just said. So, ditto on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this caramel recipe in the family cookbook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Leesa. It's just the recipe for mom's caramels. Just add a little less corn syrup than it calls for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy! I remember when you showed Alyssa and me how to make your famous caramel rolls. They were absolutely sinful and now you say they're better?!! You must make some more and mail them to me. :)

    ReplyDelete