Monday, December 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in "sunny" Arizona

This year we once again went to Arizona for Thanksgiving. Steven's Grandma and most of his aunts and uncles live in Mesa. We were also able to see 5 of Steve's siblings while down there.

According to a few of the relatives it was the coldest Thanksgiving Mesa has had since the 1930's. So much for my sunny, hot Thanksgiving. At least we had good company.

While there we went to the Arizona Natural History Museum. This is Mandy and I outside watching the boys dig for dinosaur bones.
Kari and I atop a lovely giant turtle. Hmm, maybe a Sea Turtle? Do they exist in Arizona??

The scene outside the museum. This is Braden, Kari, Preston, and Taylor.
This is soon-to-be Uncle Joey and Uncle Brian with B, K, P, and T.

I just had to post this picture because I LOVE Kari's grumpy face. She can make THE BEST grumpy face ever........and she means it!


Kari loves to draw pictures for anyone who will take them from her. Keen was a good sport and spent lots of time coloring with her.

Mandy brought some helicopters for the guys to play with. I have yet to figure out why they are so amazing, but apparently they are and now my hubby wants one. Brian, the 'pilot' is trying to feed Galen a pretzel that is hanging from the helicopter. I do not believe it worked however. Galen had to actually get up and follow the helicopter around.

Andy had much greater skill and ease in obtaining his pretzel. (JUST KIDDING GALEN, YOU ARE VERY TALENTED TOO!)
There's so many things I could say about this picture, but I'll let you make up the caption.


The kiddos at the play area when we went to the aquarium. Which was IN a mall. They have amazing malls there...........too bad I'm not a big fan of malls.

Me and Mandy at the aquarium.


The aquarium had a few hands on activities for the kids. You can't really tell, but they are 'petting' starfish.

I will post many more pictures on facebook. It's faster. Simple as that.
We did have lots of fun and we are so grateful that we were able to see so many family members. We love you all!












2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Kari holding the cow udder. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that picture of Kari "milking the cow" is priceless!

    ReplyDelete