Sunday, October 10, 2010

Braden Baptism

So, I just realized that I never posted about Braden getting baptized this summer. He turned 8 in May, but he waited to be baptized until July so that he could do it with lots of family around. He got baptized in North Dakota on July 31, 2010 by his father, Steve Swenson. He was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Papa Riskedahl. I was so happy that he waited until we went to North Dakota so that my whole family could be there and even some aunts, uncles, and cousins. Thanks everyone for supporting Braden on his special day.
Of course while we were all together we had to get group family pictures. There are now 12 little grandchildren for my parents and picture taking was a bit tricky.

I promised Preston a new car if he listened and smiled nicely and Aunt Ronda promised everyone candy. These two know how to work the system.
My little family.
Steve and Braden right after his baptism.
Braden with Nana and Papa Riskedahl.
All (or most of) the children sang 'I am a Child of God" between the baptism of Braden and the blessing of Andrew.Thanks to Leesa who played the piano for us.
Braden and Steve right before the baptismal service.
Grandpa Gietzen and Braden

July 31st was also my mother's birthday. It was a busy day for us.

Because Grandma wasn't feeling up to coming to the baptism, we went and saw her at the nursing home. We were so grateful to be able to visit with her one last time before she passed away. Thank you Grandma for your good life and all your love. We miss you.


Aunt Donna and Braden. Donna taught my kiddos all about dipping Oreos in milk and having Cheetos's to accompany that. Everytime my kids see her they always eat oreos and Cheetos's. So, for Braden's baptism luncheon we had Oreo's and Cheetos's (Donna style as Braden put it.)

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you waited too! it was so fun to be able to be there when he was baptized! so thanks for your patience braden!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Braden! I can't believe he's that old already. I still remember his 5th birthday party at that park by our apartment building. :)

    ReplyDelete