Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 3;Cozumel Mexico

On our third day we stopped at Cozumel, Mexico. The port was a busy little shopping market with highly annoying salesmen. We first went on the Push, Pull, Swim Dolphin Encounter. We were taken to a 'state park' where the dolphins live. There were 10-12 people per dolphin. We were able to hug, kiss, and pet the dolphin while standing in the water by the dock. We also were pushed on our feet while riding a boogie board by the dolphin. Lastly we were able to swim out a bit and ride on the dolphin while she swam back to the dock. Our dolphins name was Scarlett and she really was amazing. For anyone who knows me, you know that I am really, um....frugal. Yes, that's the right word. We were not able to take our cameras with, so the tourist guide person took lots of pictures for us......and then tried to sell each of them for $20.00. Of course we didn't buy any which is a little sad, but oh well. Anyways, this is a picture of the enclosure where the dolphins are kept. If you look closely you can see a dolphins head peaking out of the water on the right hand side.
After swimming with the dolphins were just wandered around the beach area. I LOVE the beach and I wish I could've taken my kiddos. The water is so beautiful and the sand so nice and fair. Basically picture perfect.
While wandering around we found a row of hammocks to chill in. You can't really tell in the picture, but we are pulling our hammocks together without trying to look like we are straining too hard.

This is Steve with the Cozumel port in the background. We walked around the crazy market area for a while, but due to the heat and the obnoxious men who live there we didn't stay long. Plus, we were hungry and wanted to get back on the ship to eat. Yea, I know, we're in Mexico and should try some authentic food, but..........the food on the ship was already paid for!!
These are my beautiful pedicured toes. Last year when I was talking to Lisa Montes, my friend we went with, she mentioned something about needing to get a pedicure before the cruise. My typical answer was, "no way, I'm not paying for that!" So, for my birthday she sent me cute flip flops, this pink nail polish, and some money to get a pedicure because she knew I really would be too cheap to buy it myself. She also bought the same color for her nails, so we had cute little matching toenails. Thanks Lisa! I loved it and I might even have to get another one on my own.

This the state park that we went to to see the dolphins.



These two are our waiter and assistant waiter. They were extremely good at their jobs. Roshan, on the right is from India and Jorge, on the left, was from the Dominican Republic. It was fun for Steve to be able to talk about the Dominican Republic with someone who knew the area. (That is where Steve went on his mission.) We made these two work pretty hard. We always ordered multiple desserts, entrees, and appetizers. And after every dinner Jorge tried his hardest to give us coffee. We should've just told him at the beginning that we don't drink coffee. His smile was so contagious and friendly.

We asked them about their jobs and Jorge said he hasn't been home in 7 months! But, he loves his job. Hmm, where do you vacation when you work on a cruise ship?
Our nightly picture. You can see that we got a bit burnt while lounging around the beach at Cozumel. This is outside on the deck. It was pretty cool to look out and see absolutely nothing!

Here is the upper pool deck. And for some strange reason it is filled with SALT WATER! We didn't swim much in there.










No comments:

Post a Comment