Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 5-CoCo Cay Bahamas

CoCo Cay is an island in the Bahamas that is privately owned by Royal Caribbean. You can walk from one end to the other in about 10 minutes. We were lucky to be able to go to the island because the winds were pretty strong that day and we had to be tendered in from the ship. It was still a beautiful day and I'm so glad that we were able to go.
We went snorkeling here but I don't have any pictures. It was too tricky to walk with giant flippers on your feet. I don't think this beach was the best spot to go snorkeling, but we did see some pretty cool fish. Because of the wind, the water was really choppy which made snorkeling a bit difficult. I drank way too much sea water this day. In the picture below, you can see how windy it is by looking at the trees.
While our husbands slept in the hammocks we enjoyed some ocean time. I put my glasses on top of my head for this picture and never saw them again.

This is the hammock where Steve DID NOT want to leave, ever. Apparently it was very comfortable.
This picture was taken right before we left the island. I LOVED all the palm trees. We also tried parasailing this day, but due to the high winds it wasn't safe to be 400 feet in the air.


I actually didn't get a picture of our evening dining experience, but we did get some afterwards. This is my cruise outfit that I bought......and finally wore on the last night.
And just for fun, I had to take a ride down the banister. So lady-like.
Well, I must say this was the best vacation I have ever been on. I don't know if it was because (a) I was in tropical climate, (b) I had no kids to worry about or (c) all my food was paid for and I could eat all I wanted. Whatever the reason, I loved it and hope to go again before another 10 years. And THANK YOU SALLY for watching the kiddos for us. We truly appreciated it and know that you will probably never do it again!
.........................Happy 10th Anniversary Steve.........................






No comments:

Post a Comment